Wednesday, July 29, 2009

time to heal

Last December I hurt my big toe. it has been blood shot and blue for all these 7 months. it went through all the different stages of sensation- first it was painful, then it was ticklish and tingling, then it was numb and then it started growing like a normal nail with a not so great nail colour shade.
the story of the night I got hurt is another one- had spent some very good time with friends; we all laugh at ourselves when we remember that night even though we have some additions to that category of anecdotes now.
but coming back to the nail. after 3 months of growing slowly, it is nearing the time when it finally comes off. it is going to be a painful process and i can already feel the reverse trend in sensation backwards from growth. I'm just scared that i don't accidentally hurt myself and give my poor toenail an early death.

Funnily, most things/people/incidents in life also go through the same process before they are wiped out of our memory (unless they are ripped and thrown out of your system forcibly-which I am thankful has not been the case with my nail. not that i could'nt bear the pain, but i like to be reminded of the good times that hurt it). maybe we don't have the capacity to remember each and everyone of them and so we are meant to forget them, move on and get hurt at other places to have new memories. maybe next time i'll try not to hurt my toenail. it did heal very quickly :)

2 comments:

  1. ass, you write! you don't tell me anything about this and make me write your essays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) :)

    long live the blue toe, um, i mean the memories associated with it... zindagi bhar nahi bhoolegi....

    and rightly said.. its all part of the game..all memories, people, incidents, accidents... in the cosmic world it will be one great big whoosh...

    ReplyDelete